Saturday, March 20, 2010

Cat Lady on Transom.org


My audio obsession has lapsed somewhat in the last few months. This isn't something I'm proud of, so I'm going to make it my goal to recommit myself to it. I've been doing lots of long runs in preparation for the Ice Age 50k in May, so this should supply me with a heap of hours each week to fall back into step with the podcasts I love.

I'll make sure to share the high points with ya'll.

Today, I caught up on my Transom.org podcasts. The one that stood out was Cat Lady by producer Joseph Keckler. It's a somewhat fictionalized story about his mom's slip from normalcy to a kind of ornate feline frenziedness.

The piece seems almost stodgy and formal on the surface, but the core of it is really dark, which makes it compelling. And weird. It's just plain weird.

No comments: