Saturday, December 5, 2009

the monsters that ate my youth


Our monthly-ish mixtape club, True Religion & Bad Company, met last Thursday. The task was to make mixes based on the theme "highschool".

These are the songs I lovedlovedloved in highschool. I wouldn't want to go back, but somehow, musically, I can't go forward. Not that I'm complaining.

Download the mix (.zip).

Astral Plane - Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers
Cherry Cherry - Unrest
The Hickey Underworld - The Nation Of Ulysses
Sunlight - Eric's Trip
Good Things - Sebadoh
Keep The Conversation Going - Black Fantastic
She Fakes Apples - Acid House Kings
Laurie - Evergreen
Fireworks - Aberdeen
Stop That Girl - Vic Godard & The Subway Sect
In Between - Beat Happening
Sno-Cones - Totfinder
Hey, That's No Way To Say Goodbye - Leonard Cohen
The Girl With No Body - Momus
Boys Don't Matter - BLUE BOY
Just A Girl - The Pale Fountains
Girl Daredevil - Bomb Pops
Love Sick - Orange Juice

No comments: