Tuesday, September 23, 2008

pears

Pears. They've started falling into the street of some wealthy subdivision. Yesterday, I scavenged two of the best looking of them. Just had one for breakfast and I swear it's one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten. Not sure if it's because it was so local, fresh, and unexpected, or if it was because it was free. I'm a hopeless tightwad.

One thing, when I brought them home, I asked A if she thought they might make us sick. "No," she said, "Of course not.". I dunno why, bt I like the idea of poison pears. Mostly, I think that it would be a great idea to name a band after them: Poison Pears.

If you want to get in trouble with the law in my neighborhood, get utterly soused in the middle of the day. While running the dog yesterday, I saw a guy swerving back and forth on the sidewalk. The next street I went on, a man and woman yelled to me, "Have you seen the drunkard?" I stopped and told them I had. "He passed out on our lawn. I kicked him off, then he went across and passed on on that lawn over there. Then he went and pissed in the alley."

Then I saw the police car pulling up. The guy of the couple walked up to the car and repeated all of the guy's crimes to the officer, then the manhunt was on full-tilt. A few minutes later, I saw the cop car down another street, joined by a paddywagon.

What a shitty way to kill a dude's happy hour buzz.

No comments: