Monday, September 1, 2008

loafers/loafing

A laborless day, laboring more than usual. I'm listing a bunch of shit on eBay. It's mind-numbing, but long overdue. I'll still astounded at how much stuff we've been able to collect and how teeteringly it's loaded on all of the house's coordinates.

What's most funny is how much stuff I've picked up with the intention of turning around to resell. That's a good chunk of the teeter.

Well, here we go, I guess.


As a kid, on the cold days, after lining our stomach with oatmeal, my mom would have us run our wrists under hot water. The thinking was that the wrists were our body's main heat distribution mechanism. I could never tell if it worked or not, but right now I'm pretty convinced it does. The heat and sweat from the churning laptop starts there and shoots up almost directly to my temples.

Fall, please, please come quickly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you really get stuff done. happy laboring day!

jennifer bastian said...

my mom did the same thing after oatmeal. and sometimes we'd eat the oatmeal standing up in the kitchen, because the heat from the radiator came out from under the counter and warmed our toes.